Solved

FeatureJoiner or FeatureMerger

• 21 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi All,

I’m working on a workflow that requires filtering some values based on a Lookup table. I’ve initially thought using FeatureJoiner to join and filter the values but doesn’t give me the desired results as the 1:M relationship doesn’t work. I have thought about the FeatureMerger to apply the 1:M relationship but can’t get it to work.

Below a few screenshots of the tables:

Table A- Example of the table to join (by TexString)

Table B - LookUp table (by TextString - Column B)

Only the highlighted cells will be used to join  

Below is the part of the workflow to filter the value in the Table A but the join doesn’t do 1:M. There’s 193 records highlighted in yellow in the LookUp but the FeatureJoiner only joins 189 from the 1,363 records from Table A….and I’m expecting more values after the join as for example N = North Lines and S = South Lines values appears multiple times in the Table A and need to keep all of them. That’s why I think the 1:M is the one to apply here? 

Any trick to make the 1:M or maybe the join isn’t the way forward and may need to change my workflow to AttbributeFilter?

icon

Best answer by geomancer 22 March 2024, 09:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

you are joining on the text string, right?

then there’s no join for S = South Lines as it is S = South Line (without the s at the end) in table A

there will only be a join if the textmatch is 100% (including whitespaces etc)

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Thanks @becchr - yes I’m joining on the text string. There’s S = South Lines and S = South Line in the data but screenshot only covers part of the values.

Attached some sample of the data. For example, you will see that Table A shows 4 rows with L = Line (e.g. SC001_028, SC031_019, SC031_020, SC059_002) and need to keep all of those SC values and not only join to the first (e.g. SC001)….that’s I thought 1:M relationship would be the best?

The idea is join Table A and Table B by Text String and retain all the possible values 

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

I'm not quite sure about what you are trying to accomplish, but possibly you need to use a FeatureMerger with 'Process Duplicate Suppliers’ activated.

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

Thanks @becchr - yes I’m joining on the text string. There’s S = South Lines and S = South Line in the data but screenshot only covers part of the values.

Attached some sample of the data. For example, you will see that Table A shows 4 rows with L = Line (e.g. SC001_028, SC031_019, SC031_020, SC059_002) and need to keep all of those SC values and not only join to the first (e.g. SC001)….that’s I thought 1:M relationship would be the best?

The idea is join Table A and Table B by Text String and retain all the possible values 

not completely sure if I get it 100%, but I see 4 items L = Line in table A and 4 items L = Line in table B, and after the featurejoiner I get 16 items L = Line (so 4x4 combinations), that’s what you need right?

Workspace attached

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

I'm not quite sure about what you are trying to accomplish, but possibly you need to use a FeatureMerger with 'Process Duplicate Suppliers’ activated.

Well, that was a lucky guess 😄