Question

Browse Connected Features

• 23 January 2013
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a requirement of browsing  the connected point features at start and end nodes of a linear feature in shape file. I am trying with "Intersector" transformer to browse the connected feature, but it not works as per our requirement. Can any one please provide the correct approach of finding the connected point features.

Thanks,

Seshu

2 replies

Badge +14
The Intersector should give you what you need assuming your lines cross each other... but you could also try using the CoordinateExtractor.

Read your lines into a CoordinateExtractor set to extract the x and y for 0 coordinate, the start of the line.

Send a duplicate flow of your features to another CoordinateExtractor and get the coords for -1. The end of the line.

Now in both flows use a 2DPointReplacer to create points for all the line starts and all the line ends.

Send all your features from both flows into a PointOnPointOverlayer to find the overlapping points that will indicate where lines connect.

Hope that helps
Hi Dave,

Actually my requirement is to get the output with combination of overlapped feature attributes at start & end nodes of a linear feature as single record(contains linear feature attibutes, overlapped feature attributes at start & end nodes).

With the provided process, additionally  I need to add aggregator to combine the attributes of overlapped features with the linear feature attibutes. Please suggest if any best approach available.