Skip to main content
I would like to know if there is any option in FME to add text(height of the each vertex) along a linestring. The text should fall parallel to the line string.
Hi,

take a look at the Labeller, it will interpolate labels along linear features.

For more flexibility, also look at the new MapTextLabeller introduced in FME2013 (separate license needed).

David
Hi,

I would chop the lines into points (chopper vertice nr =1) and use the labelpoint replacer specifying the label attribute, label height and label value (height of vertex).

Hope this helps
Your solution is quite good, Itay. I somehow missed the part about one label per vertex...

Here is a quick and dirty solution to also rotate the labels along the line:

Sample result:

Note that in the example above there is not logic as to whether a label will rotate to preceeding or succeeding segment.

David
Hi,

Although David has provided an excellent solution, since it's a very interesting subject I also challenged with another approach. Pardon me for jumping in. This solution has been inspired by the first David's suggestion (Labeller) and Itay's suggestion (Chopper).

Result:

Takashi
Elegant solution, Takashi!

Thanks for sharing.

David

Thanks for all , for your help .

I created a fme tool using you

Added a aditional transformer for AttributeRounder for round of the attribute value.

Thanks for your help
Hi all the following method worked in adding label along the linestring.

Placing label along the line string worked, Thanks for all your help. I would like to add a snap showing . But dont know how to add.

Regards

Vijai