Question

Convert GML to FGDB with 0 feature inside

Badge +1

The feature count is 0 after conversion from GML.

There is no error. I got warning only. The attached are dataset and log

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @viviancfhung​,

You don't appear to have a .xsd file to determine the schema of the GML file, so I would recommend replacing the GML reader with a new one, with the Parameter 'Ignore Application Schema' set to Yes. This will extract a schema from the GML file itself, and guarantees that features will be read from the file.

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 3.41.35 PM

Badge +1

Hi @viviancfhung​,

You don't appear to have a .xsd file to determine the schema of the GML file, so I would recommend replacing the GML reader with a new one, with the Parameter 'Ignore Application Schema' set to Yes. This will extract a schema from the GML file itself, and guarantees that features will be read from the file.

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 3.41.35 PM

schema has been ignored already.

I found that the problem is induced by

<Premises_based>N</Premises_based>

<RCTFS_Y_N>Y</RCTFS_Y_N>

<Redevelopment_or_Reprovision>Yes</Redevelopment_or_Reprovision>

It can converted success if I removed these data

There is only one feature in this dataset

It's so strange that, the conversion can success if I duplicated the feature. To make it become 2 feature in dataset

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

FME is reading those attributes in the GML as boolean (which is correct), but FileGDB doesn't support boolean, and so those attributes are being mapped to smallints, which is not correct. Please adjust the schema definition for the output FileGDB writer to set those attributes to the text data type.

Badge +1

Thanks

Badge +1

I got another gml dataset with conversion problem, Will you help to check.

When we try to use FME desktop to check the dataset. I got following error message.

But I don't know what can I do

imageThanks for helps

Badge +1

I got another gml dataset with conversion problem, Will you help to check.

When we try to use FME desktop to check the dataset. I got following error message.

But I don't know what can I do

imageThanks for helps

I found that the field

<Shape>Square</Shape>

make the problem.

Is Shape the persevered keyword?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I found that the field

<Shape>Square</Shape>

make the problem.

When the reader is set to Ignore Application Schema, it does its best to try to extract valid attributes and geometry from any of the GML variants that FME supports. It appears that the reader is trying to extract geometry from the Shape property and failing, but is still extracting valid points for the features based on the actual geometry property. The errors are ominous, but don't seem to be affecting the actual reading of your data, so I think they can be safely ignored.

Badge +1

I found that the field

<Shape>Square</Shape>

make the problem.

I'm using FME server 2022.2.3

In my case it is conversion failed

Badge +1

Please check the log

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I found that the field

<Shape>Square</Shape>

make the problem.

I'm sorry, I was concentrating on the GML reading, but it appears that 'Shape' is a reserved field name for Geodatabase that cannot be written to. Please rename this field in your output schema to 'InputShape', then use an AttributeRenamer to rename the attribute before writing.

Badge +1

I found that the field

<Shape>Square</Shape>

make the problem.

Thanks, let me try

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @viviancfhung​, I'm happy to share that a problem report that @daveatsafe​ had identified tracked internally as (FMEENGINE-77147) has been addressed in FME 2024 for geodatabase writers to accept boolean values such as True/False and map them properly to smallint.

You can find FME 2024 in our beta downloads here: https://engage.safe.com/support/downloads/#beta

Let us know if you have any feedback on the fix!

Happy FME'ing!