Question

Unable to perform any licensing related tasks

• 19 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi

I am trying to run a workspace in server (my first!) and am getting the following error:

"Unable to perform any licensing related tasks. Please check your Esri ArcGIS Compatibility workspace parameter, found in Navigator -> Workspace Parameters -> Translation. This 64-bit version of FME requires ArcGIS Desktop along with 64-bit Background Geoprocessing; ArcGIS Pro; or ArcGIS Enterprise. Refer to this this article http://fme.ly/qua for more details"

ArcGIS Pro Advanced 3.1 is installed on the machine with a single use licence. The version of FME Server is 2022.2.5 so that should be compatable.

The original workbench runs fine and the ESRI workspace parameter is set to ArcGIS Pro.

Does anytone have any ideas as how to resolve this? Thanks

1 reply

Badge +11

Hi @markcoopersdc ,

I’m sorry this one never received a response from anyone. I’m sure you have resolved the issue by now I do hope. 

I’m only replying now in case others search for the error message you’ve posted in the FME Flow context.

ArcGIS Pro is not supported with FME Flow (FME Server).  You’ll need to ensure you are using a licensed ArcGIS Server.  

Although it is technically possible for FME Flow to use an ArcGIS Pro license, please be aware the use of this license in a server context violates Esri's licensing terms.

ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcGIS Server) is the preferred license for use with FME Flow. Please see 'Using FME Flow with Esri ArcGIS Software' for more information.