Solved

How to remove empty fields at excel file

• 29 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +13

Hello ,

i have to write my output from ArcGis sde to excel file .

but I have empty fields at many columns.

i would like to have only fields that have only values .

so how could I remove empty fields ,?

i have read many topics about that but it does not work with me .

could someone provide me with template workspace to remove the empty fields .

Thanks in advance

FME 2021

icon

Best answer by gazza 30 April 2023, 22:17

View original

7 replies

Badge +5

The attached workspace (2023.0 beta) creates some features which have two attributes that are blank. It uses the AttributeValueLengthExposer transformer from FME Hub to detect those two and creates a regex attribute containing those names which is used by a BulkAttributeRemover to remove them.

The a SchemaScanner is used to get the new schema without those attributes and an excel writer in Dynamic mode is used to create the output file which only has columns that have values.

Hope that helps.

Badge +5

The attached workspace (2023.0 beta) creates some features which have two attributes that are blank. It uses the AttributeValueLengthExposer transformer from FME Hub to detect those two and creates a regex attribute containing those names which is used by a BulkAttributeRemover to remove them.

The a SchemaScanner is used to get the new schema without those attributes and an excel writer in Dynamic mode is used to create the output file which only has columns that have values.

Hope that helps.

I think the attribute removers aren't actually needed, the SchemaScanner could probably ignore them by using the regex.

Badge +13

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot

but the aggregator in new version so I am not sure which parameter inside it ,could u provide parameter for only aggregator because I have Fme 2021 ,so it does not appear.

i have noticed in ur input that the column attribute 5 and other attribute have total empty fields .

but what will happen if attribute 5 has 5 fields ( 3 fields have a value and has 2 empty fields at the same column )

input as example

index Attribute 5 Attribute 6

1 ddd Kkkk

2 Ccc Missing

3 Missing llll

4 Missing Missing

5 aaa ggg

6 bbbb Missing

result that I want

index. Attribute 5 Attribute 6

1 ddd Kkkk

2 Ccc llll

3 aaa ggg

4 bbbb

i have actually around 100 attributes name

could u add solution to get this result also .thanks for help

Badge +5

Thanks a lot

but the aggregator in new version so I am not sure which parameter inside it ,could u provide parameter for only aggregator because I have Fme 2021 ,so it does not appear.

i have noticed in ur input that the column attribute 5 and other attribute have total empty fields .

but what will happen if attribute 5 has 5 fields ( 3 fields have a value and has 2 empty fields at the same column )

input as example

index Attribute 5 Attribute 6

1 ddd Kkkk

2 Ccc Missing

3 Missing llll

4 Missing Missing

5 aaa ggg

6 bbbb Missing

result that I want

index. Attribute 5 Attribute 6

1 ddd Kkkk

2 Ccc llll

3 aaa ggg

4 bbbb

i have actually around 100 attributes name

could u add solution to get this result also .thanks for help

Here's a version for 2021.2.

Badge +5

Thanks for the clarification about what you want. My workspace was only removing attributes if there are no values for them at all. What you want requires moving attributes to different records. I think I have an idea how to do it so stand by.

Badge +5

Is this closer?

Badge +13

Is this closer?

Thanks a lot