Question

I would like to know which is the closest hospital to each address by the road (not Euclidean) and get the distance

Hello,

I have a dataset of addresses (points) and another dataset containing the hospitals (points).

I have a dataset for all the roads in my study (line).

I would like to know which is the closest hospital to each address by the road (not Euclidean) and get the distance.

I tried with "shortestpathfinder" but I have to put a line as input, which I calculate with "Neighborfinder", but it gives me the shortest euclidean distance and not by road.

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @tanmat​,

I think the following article will be helpful to you. Essentially, you use the NeighborFinder to link the points to the nearest road, then use the NetworkCostCalculator to calculate the travel times from address to hospital, weighting by allowable speeds. This will help you find the closest hospital by elapsed time.

https://community.safe.com/s/article/creating-time-and-distance-isolines-using-the-netw

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Also see Fredrik Thorén's presentation "Generate Catchment Areas for Health Care Centres" which uses a VoronoiDiagrammer and a Dissolver to create catchment areas.