Solved

I want to convert a file with extension ".SFC" in FME. SFC does not seem to be included in the Reader's Format. Is there a possible way to deal with this?

SFC (Scadec Feature Comment file) files are used to store CAD data and are included in the SXF (Scadec data exchange format) format of the CAD data exchange standards.

icon

Best answer by evieatsafe 13 April 2023, 00:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @kojinkuwahara​ it doesn't look like FME supports the reading of SFC files on their own. I'm not sure what you wanted to do with the data in FME, but you may have better luck submitting an idea to have this as a supported format in the future. In your idea be sure to include the value this would give you and the use case you have for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I did see your duplicate question here. Next time if you would like to escalate your question, I would suggest that you submit a support case and include the question link.

Hi @kojinkuwahara​ it doesn't look like FME supports the reading of SFC files on their own. I'm not sure what you wanted to do with the data in FME, but you may have better luck submitting an idea to have this as a supported format in the future. In your idea be sure to include the value this would give you and the use case you have for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I did see your duplicate question here. Next time if you would like to escalate your question, I would suggest that you submit a support case and include the question link.

Hello, @EvieAtSafe

Thank you for your answer. Your answers were very helpful.