Question

FeatureReader NOT showing output ports.

• 28 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

I am using the FeatureReader to connect to an ESRI SDE. I have specified the features to read, and selected Output Ports: One per feature, BUT out put ports are not being created for the features I specified. In only the default ports are available.

I am having a similar issue with another FeatureReader that is pointed to a FGDB. I had to change the directory path for the FGDB and now all of the output ports are gone. I reset all of the "Features to Read" but like the above, I am not getting out put ports for the features I have specified.

image.pngIn the above there are no Output ports for the features specified.imagein the above only some of the Output ports for the features specified are available.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

What version FME do you use? I can't reproduce this behavior in 2021.2.6. Just checked as I'm currently working on a workspace reading a FeatureClass from SDE.

Badge +6

I'm using 2020.1.0. , Build 20596.

Ive been poking around and even when I specify the features to read the port is not made available.

It could be that the sample data Im using is missing the features, but I would expect the output port to remain in place.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Maybe it has to do with special characters or a very long string? I'm guessing here, you probably better submit a case at Safe Software.

Badge +9

I connect to SDE Feature classes all the time and have never seen this behaviour, I can only suggest issues with the naming of the feature classes....I don't think it would make a difference but noticed you have the spatial filter set to intersects, but could not see a second input...

Badge +9

Just a thought, but you do have the ESRI edition of FME as that is needed to read the SDE??

Badge +6

Just a thought, but you do have the ESRI edition of FME as that is needed to read the SDE??

Do you mean the Data Interoperability extension? Yes I do.

Currently the reader for the workbench is pointed to FGDB(1) and the feature reader is pointed to SDE. If that helps.

I have also NEVER seen this before and pretty much only work in SDE/FGDB.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Just checking, that under Parameters of the SDE FeatureReader, you have set an SDE connection file?