Question

Linebuilder

• 27 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

I need help with the graphs below. I need to maintain the original structure for the graphs. Using the line builder changed the output structure, as you see below. I have an extensive dataset, some lines are correct, but some created their structure and direction. IMG 1.0 and IMG 2.0 are the original graphs. Some lines have around 500 vertices each, but I used a generalizer and changed from 500 to 2 vertices per line. I don't want them to reduce that much. I am looking at around 200 vertices maximum for each without changing the original graph formats. Which transformer can solve this?

Thank you so much.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @arsema​ 

Please, could you share a example in vector?

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @arsema​: what algorithm(s) have you tried using so far in the Generalizer. If you already haven't done so, check out the Documentation for the Generalizer (under Generalizing Algorithms) for a description of each algorithm.

The folks in this thread seemed to have luck preserving their shape by using the Thin No Point algorithm with a low generalizing tolerance: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hE3hSAE/remove-excess-vertices-on-line-segments-without-changing-the-shape

If you still don't have luck, as suggested above, feel free to share one of your source data and workspace (or a workspace template, .fmwt, that will package the data with the workspace).