Question

I have a GML file from Miss Dig 811. I can see the data in the FME Data Inspector but I cannot get the OGC GML (Geography Markup Language) reader to export any of the attributes. I am new to the GML format. Can someone help me create a fme workspace?

Badge

Unable to export Miss Dig 811 GML file to shapefile or google earth format.

I had to rename the extension from GML to txt so i can upload it.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @billschooler​,

There does seem to be an issue with the schema definition for that data. When you add the GML into your workspace, please use the OGC GML reader with the Parameter Ignore Application Schema set to Yes. This will ignore the XSD reference in the file and expose all the attributes to the workspace.

Badge

Hi @billschooler​,

There does seem to be an issue with the schema definition for that data. When you add the GML into your workspace, please use the OGC GML reader with the Parameter Ignore Application Schema set to Yes. This will ignore the XSD reference in the file and expose all the attributes to the workspace.

Thank you for your help. I was able to create an FME workspace but google earth data is failing in Russia but it should be in California. [cid:image001.png@01D95B2E.F7E16F70] I had change GMS SRS Axix Order from default 2,1 to 1,2