Question

Error in FileGDB which is undetectable in a log file

Badge

I ran an FME workbench to create gdb for spatial and non-spatial data (approximately 25 data layers). The process ran successfully and created gdb which has the expected size. Now, when I try to open the gdb, it only shows one table. Although, the log file shows that it reads and writes all the layers successfully. If someone has faced the same issue, I really appreciate your insight on the same.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Any errors in de FME translation log?

What do you use to check the gdb?

If you use ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, did you reload after the FME process is finished?

If you read the result using FME Desktop, do you see the data?

Badge

Any errors in de FME translation log?

What do you use to check the gdb?

If you use ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro, did you reload after the FME process is finished?

If you read the result using FME Desktop, do you see the data?

No error in the log file. and when I open the gdb in ArcMap, it shows only 1 layer instead of 25.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

No error in the log file. and when I open the gdb in ArcMap, it shows only 1 layer instead of 25.

Warnings?

Badge

None

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

None

What if you read the result GDB with FME?

Badge

Same. It reads one table instead of 25. and the file size of the gdb is over 1 GB, though the table size is less than 100 kb.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Same. It reads one table instead of 25. and the file size of the gdb is over 1 GB, though the table size is less than 100 kb.

I surrender :) hard to tell without workspace.

Badge

I am sorry, but I can not share the workbench at this point. Thank you for your time