Question

I have two tab files and while joining them I get this error for one of the row ERROR |FeatureJoiner (FeatureJoinerFactory): The UTF-16LE string 'DOÃƑ±A ANA-HILL' could not be converted to the encoding: windows-1252.

• 10 March 2023
  • 6 replies

I have two tab files and while joining them I get this error for one of the row ERROR |FeatureJoiner (FeatureJoinerFactory): The UTF-16LE string 'DOÃƑ±A ANA-HILL' could not be converted to the encoding: windows-1252.

6 replies

Badge +2

@csj5483​ What version of FME are you using? Newer versions of FME might handle this a little better. If not are you able to attach a small sample dataset? Alternatively, the MapInfo (MITAB) reader has an option to set the Character Encoding, or try the AttributeEncoder

@csj5483​ What version of FME are you using? Newer versions of FME might handle this a little better. If not are you able to attach a small sample dataset? Alternatively, the MapInfo (MITAB) reader has an option to set the Character Encoding, or try the AttributeEncoder

Is there any way if this exception occur we can skip that record. I have around 200 Million rows in tab file.

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Is there any way if this exception occur we can skip that record. I have around 200 Million rows in tab file.

Hi @csj5483​ if you turn on "Rejected Feature Handling" to "Continue Translation" this should continue to join your features without terminating the translation. Hope that helps!

Hey @Evie Lapalme​ We're already using this option.

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Great! With this set, is it not continuing the translation? What version of FME are you using? Could you share your full log file? Have you tried an AttributeEncoder like Mark suggested? If this is urgent, perhaps you could submit a support case with us including this information. Happy to help :)

I have raised support case and also attached log file.

https://community.safe.com/s/case/500Dm00000K5noMIAR/error-while-performing-feature-joiner