Solved

ArcPro maximum and minimum supported versions?

• 9 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi There,

After a recent upgrade of ArcPro (to v 3.1.0) I am now seeing this notation in FME Desktop and FME Server logs....Current installed ArcGISPro version '3.1.0' is unsupported. Minimum supported version is '2.3.0', and maximum supported version is '3.0.0'....what does this mean exactly?...do I need to upgrade FME?...on Desktop it doesnt seem to make a difference (I can still successfully run operations), but now some Scheduled Services are failing in FME Server and I am wondering if this is the reason. Thank you

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 10 March 2023, 08:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

What version of FME do you currently have?

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0 needs FME 2022.2.4. as can be read in Notes on FME and Esri Versions and Compatibility. Always check before upgrading as this may break the compatibility as you experienced. Especially as ArcGIS Pro is not backwards compatible as far as I know.

In ArcGIS Pro, under settings --> about, you can disable the checkbox "Check for updates on startup" to prevent the notification to show every time a new version is available. I did this because I can't keep up with the ArcGIS Pro update cycle speed in the production environment.

Badge

What version of FME do you currently have?

Hi...it is: FME Server 2022.1.2 Build 22627 - win64

Badge

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0 needs FME 2022.2.4. as can be read in Notes on FME and Esri Versions and Compatibility. Always check before upgrading as this may break the compatibility as you experienced. Especially as ArcGIS Pro is not backwards compatible as far as I know.

In ArcGIS Pro, under settings --> about, you can disable the checkbox "Check for updates on startup" to prevent the notification to show every time a new version is available. I did this because I can't keep up with the ArcGIS Pro update cycle speed in the production environment.

That is a good tip, thank you

Badge +2

Hi,

Is anyone successfully running ArcPro 3.1.2 (or 3.1.3/4) with FME 2022.2.1 ? We would prefer not to update to FME 2022.2.4 and we won't be upgrading to FME 2023 yet.

Thanks!