Question

FME can't read the gdb data

Badge +1

I can't open the following dataset on FME work bench.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

It doesn't even appear in the selector dialog. When I drag it into workbench it does appear to work and I can see (and select) the table that's in there, but then when reading it doesn't actually find a feature type.

Perhaps the GDB has been corrupted somehow? The directory seems to be a bit "empty" compared to other GDB directory.

Badge +1

But I can read it by arcgis and qgis.

I try to drag into workbench as your suggest, I get following error

FileGDB Reader: Feature class 'AFCD_ECO_IMPORTANT_STREAM' has shape type 'esriGeometryLine' which is unknown to FME. Skipping feature class

I have the same problem, studying it. Did you find an answer?

Hi again,

This worked for me: I took geoJSON from my QGIS layer and I was able to bring it in FME as reader. The tables are in there and I can see the vectorlines in preview.

K

But I can read it by arcgis and qgis.

I try to drag into workbench as your suggest, I get following error

FileGDB Reader: Feature class 'AFCD_ECO_IMPORTANT_STREAM' has shape type 'esriGeometryLine' which is unknown to FME. Skipping feature class

I have the same problem. I think the input files have changed slightly, but I'm not sure why it would now have geometry types that FME can't read. Can FME not read geometry type "esriGeometryLine"?

Badge +3

I've got a file gDB that could neither be opened in Data Inspector, nor read with a FeatureTypeReader. I've solved it by copying the content of the file gDB int a brand new file gDB.