Question

Low code front-end options for displaying FME Cloud Output, focus on graphs and 3D model viewers

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for recommendations for a low-code front-end solution to display data transformations from the FME Cloud. The front-end needs to be able to display graphs, as well as linked GLTF and JSON files, with the best-case scenario being the ability to interact with 3D models.

I am aware of the option to use Esri, but I am looking for other, more independent and cost-effective technologies. Can anyone recommend any low-code or no-code front-end solutions that would be a good fit for this use case?

The FME Server Apps are great and simple to get the user to upload data. But at the moment I have an Html that returns information, with javascript graphs. But this is quite a static approach and I would like to be able to send the data to a databank and then just display the data for the user and let them make simple alterations. I know my around FME, but have very little or no experience with front-end development. I am just curious if there are solutions, without doing a deep dive into Full Stack development!😅

I have looked at bubble.io and Google AppSheet as potential app builders.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @freddy17​,

The FME Hub transformer ThreejsViewGenerator might be a good starting point for you. It uses Threejs to display a 3D model in an HTML page that you can click into to display the feature attributes. It works well as a lightweight 3D viewer streamed from FME Server.

The transformer is documented and easy to modify in FME Workbench - just add it a new workspace, right-click and Embed, then right-click and Edit.

Badge +1

Hi @freddy17​,

The FME Hub transformer ThreejsViewGenerator might be a good starting point for you. It uses Threejs to display a 3D model in an HTML page that you can click into to display the feature attributes. It works well as a lightweight 3D viewer streamed from FME Server.

The transformer is documented and easy to modify in FME Workbench - just add it a new workspace, right-click and Embed, then right-click and Edit.

Hi Dave

Thank you for the input. Yes I have seen the ThreeJsViewGenerator! This is a very good start. What is still missing for me is the possibility for a user to compare previous uploads and maybe to add or change information after his upload, and for that I need a more formal interface and databank.