Solved

How to use FTPCaller to download a CSV at the beginning of a process.

Badge

Hello, new FME user here. I am modifying an existing script to download a CSV from an FTP site. I want this to trigger at the beginning of the process as shown in the diagram below. I want the newly downloaded CSV to feed into the CSV reader. How can I trigger the FTPCaller at the beginning of the script and how can I feed the new CSV file into the CSV reader? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 6 March 2023, 17:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jkin​,

You can use the following process to download the CSV file to a temp folder, then read it with the FeatureReader transformer:

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 11.58.48 AMScreen Shot 2023-03-02 at 11.59.03 AMScreen Shot 2023-03-02 at 11.59.22 AMThe folder created by the TempPathnameCreator is deleted when the workspace finishes, cleaning up the downloaded CSV file automatically.

Badge

Hi @jkin​,

You can use the following process to download the CSV file to a temp folder, then read it with the FeatureReader transformer:

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 11.58.48 AMScreen Shot 2023-03-02 at 11.59.03 AMScreen Shot 2023-03-02 at 11.59.22 AMThe folder created by the TempPathnameCreator is deleted when the workspace finishes, cleaning up the downloaded CSV file automatically.

Is there a way to do it without having to create a temp folder? I'd really like the file to a permanent location.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Is there a way to do it without having to create a temp folder? I'd really like the file to a permanent location.

To use a permanent location, please remove the TempPathNameCreator, then use the permanent location instead for the Target File in the FTPCaller and the Dataset in the FeatureReader.