Solved

IFC reader fails IfcIndexedPolyCurve

• 27 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I have an issue regarding reading of an Ifc-file with IfcIndexedPolyCurve. I get the following error message:

"Skipping instance #76275: Instance is not syntactically valid."

Row #76275 (and #45512) looks like this in the Ifc-file:

"#76275=IFCINDEXEDPOLYCURVE(#45512,((1,2)),$);"

"#45512=IFCCARTESIANPOINTLIST2D(((0.0,0.0),(529.509035052,0.0)));"

Any clues? I think that the Ifc-file is exported from ArchiCAD.

//Johan

icon

Best answer by jovitaatsafe 28 February 2023, 01:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @Johan Larsson Wallin​,

The only thing I've noticed so far is that support for IfcIndexedPolyCurve which contain vertical arcs was added in FME 2019.0, are you running FME 2019 or newer?

Would it be possible to share the problem IFC file? If the data is private, you can send it to us directly by submitting a case instead. This will give us more context by letting us run the reader in FME to check the full log, and to make sure that the file reads correctly in other third-party IFC viewers as well before we try to dive deeper into the file. If you have any details on the parameters used to export the file from ArchiCAD that would be helpful as well.

Hi @Johan Larsson Wallin​,

The only thing I've noticed so far is that support for IfcIndexedPolyCurve which contain vertical arcs was added in FME 2019.0, are you running FME 2019 or newer?

Would it be possible to share the problem IFC file? If the data is private, you can send it to us directly by submitting a case instead. This will give us more context by letting us run the reader in FME to check the full log, and to make sure that the file reads correctly in other third-party IFC viewers as well before we try to dive deeper into the file. If you have any details on the parameters used to export the file from ArchiCAD that would be helpful as well.

Hi! Thanks for the rapid response. I will submit a case.

//Johan