Question

Removing identical polygons on top each other based on spatial

• 14 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

Doing an overlaps removal on polygons but I have multiple polygons that are identical shapes layered on top of each other. does anyone have any solutions for this as I cant seem to find a way to select and remove all but one of the stack, over the whole layer. unfortunately the polygons don't have any data to match them on so its all spatial.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

You can use the Matcher to identify identical geometries (with or without looking at attributes).

A single copy of each set of matched features is sent to the SingleMatched port, so only one of each geometery will exit this port.

Badge +2

@edstrat​ If they are an exact match - same vertices - then SpatialRelator might help. Matcher is worth trying as @geomancer​ suggests.

If you have a lot of data: If the stacked areas are an exact match, then you can use the CRCCalculator to create a crc code for the geometry and then just do an attribute match.

If the polygons do not match exactly (i.e. mismatch vertices) then it's a bit trickier. You can convert the areas to points (CenterPointReplacer) and then use PointOnAreaOverlayer to match the areas