Question

GooglePlacesConnector or other reverse lookup/geocode options?

• 14 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

We are experimenting the use of FME as a sales reporting tool. Can someone provide an example of using the GooglePlacesConnector  or some other way of using Google Maps or other geocoding type transformers? Ultimately, my goal is to plug in a store name and have FME process a list of list of stores with address and lat/long across the USA. One example of what I would like to develop would be a list of all Chick-fil-a and Walmart stores in North America with their store number, address, and lat/long location. I can see using this for mayly store names and facility types in the future if it works.

Thank you!

Matt

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mtm102582​,

The Google Places API returns a maximum of only 60 locations to a text query (ie. 'Walmart'), so I don't think it will be usable for what you are looking for.

Badge

Hi @mtm102582​,

The Google Places API returns a maximum of only 60 locations to a text query (ie. 'Walmart'), so I don't think it will be usable for what you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply! What if we limited it to one search per state and just ran it 50 times? Or one search per county and ran it in a loop for every county? Or perhaps there is a better web scraping method via fme or other apps?​ Ultimately, I will use the list of stores in fme...it is just a matter of getting the data first.