Question

I am trying to monitor a topic (receiving email) but getting an error connecting to the monitoring service.

• 6 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +10

Port 25 is open. Any other ideas?

I also find that the topic is not appearing in the publishing list - would expect the topic 'receive_emails' here but only getting the out the box ones.

All created using a superuser account.

Think that these maybe connected in some way, I am running FME Cloud - FME Server 2022.2.1

Build 22776 - linux-x64

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @oliver.morris​ ,

Unfortunately topic monitoring is still not supported on FME Cloud (tracked internally as FMECLOUD-1106).

Topic monitoring is favoured less in recent releases of FME Server due to Automations taking over the legacy notifications.

It is odd that the topics are not appearing in the publishing list, I was unable to reproduce this. Please consider using Automations trigger, FME Server Topic (notified) for your receive_email topic.

-Kezia

Badge +10

Hi @oliver.morris​ ,

Unfortunately topic monitoring is still not supported on FME Cloud (tracked internally as FMECLOUD-1106).

Topic monitoring is favoured less in recent releases of FME Server due to Automations taking over the legacy notifications.

It is odd that the topics are not appearing in the publishing list, I was unable to reproduce this. Please consider using Automations trigger, FME Server Topic (notified) for your receive_email topic.

-Kezia

Hi Kezia, I have definitely been able to set it up in the past without using Actions. If you have time could I setup a call to show you (omorris at tensing.com)

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Kezia, I have definitely been able to set it up in the past without using Actions. If you have time could I setup a call to show you (omorris at tensing.com)

Hi @oliver.morris​ ,

Our ticket shows that Topic Monitoring has had issues since FME 2021.

For sure, it would be easiest to create a case and we can set up a call from there. That way I can also attach your case to the ticket and you'll be notified should a fix be released.

Thanks,

Kezia