Question

Converting multiple files at once using FME workbench

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello FME community,

I created a conversion process(FME workbench) that converts my collada file to citygml. Now I want to be able to convert all my collada files (as many as 8000) at once but I don't know how to achieve that.

Could you please let me know how to proceed ?

many thanks.

4 replies

Badge +20

Use Directory and File Pathnames Reader pointed at the folder containing your Collada files. In Parameters set Path filter to *.dae and Recurse into Subfolders to Yes (if needed).

Use FeatureReader with Format set to Collada, Dataset set to the path_windows (or path_unix) attribute AND Accumulation Mode set to Merge Initiator and Result (this is important if you want to preserve the filenames). Attributes will need to be exposed manually or imported via some features.

Make your regular transformation and in the CityGML writer enable Fanout Dataset and in Fanout Expression give a name to your files (extension included) (you can even use the path_filename attribute from PATH Reader plus the .gml/.xml/.gz extension).

Badge

Thank you for the reply! I will follow your instructions and keep you updated on the progress.

Badge

Hello @caracadrian ! I followed your instructions and even added path reader and set fanout expression to @Value(path_filename).gml but I only get one file as the output. Do you think I'm missing something?

Badge

Hello @caracadrian ! I followed your instructions and even added path reader and set fanout expression to @Value(path_filename).gml but I only get one file as the output. Do you think I'm missing something?

It'll be easier if you post a screen shot of your workflow (ideally with summary annotation on for each transformer) or upload the workspace here as an attachment.