Question

How to use the emailer in a way that mails sent are stored in "Sent items"?

• 31 January 2023
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +13
  • Contributor
  • 58 replies

hi everyone,

My colleague tried out the Emailer transformer and it's cool that you can sent a mail from one mail adress to another mail adress in an automated way. However the mail sent via the Emailer are not stored in the sender's sent items folder in outlook for example. Does anyone know a way in which it's possible to send a mail and the mail is stored in the "sent items" folder?

I heard it's because the application server is allowed to sent mails from another mail adress to another mail address, so it's not yourself.

However I would still like to know whether it's possible and maybe possibly via another method if the Emailer transformer is not suited for that.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I do not know of a way. As an alternative. we just BCC the emails to an account we use to archive those messages.

Badge +13

I do not know of a way. As an alternative. we just BCC the emails to an account we use to archive those messages.

The BCC is a good idea. Then I can use rules in outlook to sent mailsb ased on certain keywords forward to the "sent items"folder