Question

How to dynamically populate in a published parameter based on the output of an attribute column?

• 26 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +13
  • Contributor
  • 58 replies

Hello everyone,

I have a column with output that changes depending on different input.

Ideally, I would like to populate a published parameter (Choice) based on the output of that column, so then a user can click on a value of that choice list on FME Server in let's say a workspace app.

Does anyone know how to dynamically fill in a choice list based on the output of a column?

afbeelding 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

It's not possible in a single workspace since parameter values are established at runtime, meaning they can't be retroactively published after you click Run. I haven't personally tried but this article outlines a similar process to what you are describing using a two step process. EasyGeocoder - Data Driven Self-Serve Data Transformation (safe.com)

Badge +13

It's not possible in a single workspace since parameter values are established at runtime, meaning they can't be retroactively published after you click Run. I haven't personally tried but this article outlines a similar process to what you are describing using a two step process. EasyGeocoder - Data Driven Self-Serve Data Transformation (safe.com)

I tried another method based on the following article and I am getting quite close. https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hfA1SAI/question-of-the-week-dynamic-but-hacky-updates-to-published-parameter-choices. So this might also be an option. Using FeatureReader instead does also seem to do the trick. I am only stuck at the step to the user only to choose one option instead of choosing several options