Question

Why is the Spatialrelator tool merging attributes but inserting blank values?

• 24 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I'm trying to do a spatial join between two AGOL layers, one is a strip map and the other is parcel data with owner info. I want to merge the two and create a table with the owner information and its respective page number.

I have been using the SpatialRelator tool; the parcel data are Requestors, the strip map pages are Suppliers, Spatial Predicates are intersects/touches/within, and merge attributes are checked with Merge Supplier as the Accumulation Mode and Supplier as Conflict Resolution.

The SpatialRelator will create a table with all attributes merged but all of the supplier data is shown as "<missing>" (and it's definitely not missing in the AGOL layer). I have tried a few different combinations of this but I just can't seem to populate the entire table. Has anyone ever encountered this problem?/Does anyone have any ideas on a fix?

4 replies

Badge +2

@ibarbosa​ Are you sure you are getting a spatial match? Use a TestFilter to check that the Related Suppliers attribute is > 0

Badge

@ibarbosa​ Are you sure you are getting a spatial match? Use a TestFilter to check that the Related Suppliers attribute is > 0

hi @Mark Stoakes​. Yes, the parcel data and the strip map pages are stacked on top of one another so all of it is a spatial match in AGOL. However, I just noticed a "_related_suppliers" column is created and it's populated with 0s but I'm not sure why.

Badge +2

@ibarbosa​ if you view the two AGOL datasets in FME Data Inspector, and turn OFF background maps, do the datasets allign?

Badge

@ibarbosa​ if you view the two AGOL datasets in FME Data Inspector, and turn OFF background maps, do the datasets allign?

They don't, it looks like they are in different coordinate systems. I used the Esri Reprojector tool and it seems to have worked. Thanks @Mark Stoakes​ !