Question

Problem to convert ZGF files in to Shapefile format

• 23 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a lot of ZGF files to convert to shapefile format. 

I tryed to use FME to do it, but it seems that some mistake is happen while the imput file is been reading, that cause the lost of Coordinate System. It seems thta the software used the plot coordinate instead of original file coordinate.

The ZGF units was identified as 0.

3 replies

Badge +2

@mdamorim​ Try setting the coordinate system parameter on the ZGF reader to the coordinate system you expect. Or use the CoordinateSystemSetter transformer

Badge

@Mark Stoakes​ I setted the coordinate system parameter on the ZGF reader parameter. It didn't works. Even if you set, the software works with the plot coordinates. The problem to use the Coordinate SystemSetter Transformer is to try to fix something (original data) that was readed wrong by the software.

Badge +2

@Mark Stoakes​ I setted the coordinate system parameter on the ZGF reader parameter. It didn't works. Even if you set, the software works with the plot coordinates. The problem to use the Coordinate SystemSetter Transformer is to try to fix something (original data) that was readed wrong by the software.

@mdamorim​ You probably need to open a support case with your local FME provider so that you can share your FGF dataset with them.