Question

Exporting data in GDB format by using GDB writer not worked ?

• 12 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +13

Hello ,

i am using GDB writer to write my output as GDB .

but I have found most of times ,it create a folder that contain different files but when I view the output of writer again in FME ,I got no data to read .

but for the same canvas ,when I use writer Esri shape File ,it save well and when I view the shape file output again in FME ,I found the data .it works great with shape file but GDB not at all .

what is the solution to save my output as GDB ?

Do there some restrictions should I look before writing my data into GDB?

FME Desktop professional 2021

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

How are you reading? A Geodatabase (GDB) is a folder with the extension .gdb that contains a number of files. When you want to read that back into FME, or any other application that supports it, you should select the folder, not the files within.

Badge +13

How are you reading? A Geodatabase (GDB) is a folder with the extension .gdb that contains a number of files. When you want to read that back into FME, or any other application that supports it, you should select the folder, not the files within.

I click on inspect of (GDB writer ) ,after I have written it . And it reads nothing although there are some files in the folder name .gdb

or I try with the read the whole folder .gdb but I got reader yes but I found no data to see from it .

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Please, can you share your destination gdb?

Badge +13

Please, can you share your destination gdb?

I would like to use the GDB folder later in ArcGIS Online ,so I will compress it as Zip folder to read in AGOL.

but it does not work in FME ,when I try to read it so it will not work in AGOL .

i think ,I will not be able to share my workbench bcs the data belongs to company .

but could u please give me any idea that I should try to get GDB Folder full of my target data .

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

I would like to use the GDB folder later in ArcGIS Online ,so I will compress it as Zip folder to read in AGOL.

but it does not work in FME ,when I try to read it so it will not work in AGOL .

i think ,I will not be able to share my workbench bcs the data belongs to company .

but could u please give me any idea that I should try to get GDB Folder full of my target data .

It's very hard without any details.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Another idea would be to test writing out direct to AGOL if possible.

Otherwise, could you possibly provide some screenshots, writer parameter settings, and any errors you see in the log when you try reading the file geodatabase back in?