Question

Emailer Package not installed when running Workbench with WorkspaceRunner

• 11 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

I have made a workbench that contains an Emailer. I did not notice this directly, but the Emailer is a Package.

I saved the workbench to a network location so my colleagues can run the workbench as well. And wrapped it in a Workspace Runner workbench so the workbench is not open for editing when colleagues run the workbench.

But since this year I notice that the WorkspaceRunner fails because the Emailer package is not installed. This Emailer is installed as soon as the Workbench containing the Emailer is opened.

My workaround now is adding a Emailer Transformer to the WorkspaceRunner workbench so the Emailer is installed when this workbench is opened.

Hope this helps others that use WorkspaceRunners and Packaged Transformers in there workbenches.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Thanks for bringing this to the community @jkr_da​. These are the sorts of niche use-cases that we sometimes aren't aware of, but could really impact a users workflow. I've created an enhancement request [FMEENGINE-76047] with our developers to see if we could provide a workaround for this, so that when the parent workspace is opened, it installs any packages used in the child workspace. This may or may not be implemented in future versions of FME, but we will update you here if we do add it.

If any other users have stumbled upon this and would like this functionality too, please let me know!