Question

How to run the entire workspace as an iteration?

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Sorry if the question does not express what I want to achieve, but of the top of my head I did not know how to ask differently.

The issue I have is, that features provided by the very left reader are used to identify raster files they intersect with, which afterwards are mosaicked and processed. There are a lot of raster files and a lot of features coming from the reader, and I would like to run this entire process rather feature by feature, instead of feeding all the features into the process.

What is the best way to achieve that?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

One way would be with a Parent-Child workspace setup, where the parent workspace contains a WorkspaceRunner, which kicks off the child workspace (the processing in your screenshot). For each feature that enters the WorkspaceRunner transformer, the child process will be ran. See this article for an example: Batch Processing Using the WorkspaceRunner (safe.com)

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

One way would be with a Parent-Child workspace setup, where the parent workspace contains a WorkspaceRunner, which kicks off the child workspace (the processing in your screenshot). For each feature that enters the WorkspaceRunner transformer, the child process will be ran. See this article for an example: Batch Processing Using the WorkspaceRunner (safe.com)

Is it possible to work with parent-child workspace setup when the processing should happen in an ETL tool? Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.