Question

Problem with connecting to Esri ArcGIS Portal

• 4 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hello!

I connect our Esri Enterprise to my fme workbench and server with the help of the guide here.

But a very strange thing happens: after I close the file, for example at the end of a working day, the connection to the enterprise resets, and the same connection that worked yesterday, no longer works today.

So the first time I did the whole process again, and the second time, it doesn't connect at all anymore.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi @dor1411993​ 

What version of FME are you using for Server and Desktop?

If you authenticate the connection again does it begin to work?

2023-01-05_14-09-41Does your Portal have a custom value set for the Max Token Expiration Minutes? See this for more details: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/specify-the-default-token-expiration-time.htm

By default, Refresh tokens will expire every two weeks for ArcGIS Portal, so it is expected that you'd have to authenticate the connection once every two weeks in Desktop. However, because it seems like you have to authenticate more than that, so perhaps the Max Token Expiration Minutes has been altered to have a shorter lifespan. Please let me know what you find!

Badge +5

Hi!

Ok, miraculously, now the desktop connection works perfectly.

But, when I want to connect everything to the server, of course it doesn't work.

I did exactly according to the guide, I set the Redirect Uri according to the application, and it still won't let me connect.

I try to to authorize, I enter the username and password, and then it gives me a screen like this:

Do you have any idea what I can do?

I use FME Server 2022.0.0.1

Build 22339 - win64.

Badge +9

Hi @dor1411993​ 

It's probably easiest if we figure this out through a case. Would you mind opening one?

Common issues I see with this error would be, Proxy issues (either not set or needs a bypass), a mistake in the application (credentials not copied correctly), or a network issue (authentication URLs not accepted on the network).

Either way, it's best if we take a look at your case individually to see what it is.

Badge +5

Hi @dor1411993​ 

It's probably easiest if we figure this out through a case. Would you mind opening one?

Common issues I see with this error would be, Proxy issues (either not set or needs a bypass), a mistake in the application (credentials not copied correctly), or a network issue (authentication URLs not accepted on the network).

Either way, it's best if we take a look at your case individually to see what it is.

Hi @siennaatsafe​ ,thanks a lot!

I will open a new case.