Question

Bulk load raster asc files to a SQLServerEnterpriseGeodatabase using a polygon file to filter out files not needed.

• 31 December 2022
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

have 353 asc files but only need 137 (BatesmanBay example) as identified in polygon file, name field to filter files

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi Nicholass3,

Can you elaborate a bit on your question?

If I understand it correctly, you have a set of raster files, located in the Path (attribute in your featureclass) folder, with their names in the Name attribute.

However, you only want to select the asc files that are in the RasterExtentErase featureclass, right?

And then, once you filtered the asc files that are part of the RasterExtentErase FeatureClass, you want to write them to the Geodatabase?

Thanks in advance!

Pim

Hi Nicholass3,

Can you elaborate a bit on your question?

If I understand it correctly, you have a set of raster files, located in the Path (attribute in your featureclass) folder, with their names in the Name attribute.

However, you only want to select the asc files that are in the RasterExtentErase featureclass, right?

And then, once you filtered the asc files that are part of the RasterExtentErase FeatureClass, you want to write them to the Geodatabase?

Thanks in advance!

Pim

Hi Pim

​You are spot on, named raster file is in polygon feature class, writing to see geodatabase

​Regards Nick

Hi Pim

​You are spot on, named raster file is in polygon feature class, writing to see geodatabase

​Regards Nick

SDE​

Badge +4

Great!

So I attached a workspace template for you to work with. In short: I've used your gdb with the raster references and read a (dummy folder in my case) of .asc files. I joined them using the path + filename. All joins that succeed result in the "filtered out" files (so, a file both in the folder and in the featureclass). Then we use the FeatureReader to read these remaining files. I haven't set up the writer yet because that's always a bit hard to mimic with SDE.

Hope this helps and let me know if you still have questions!

Regards,

Pim