Question

Writing data to a sde geodatabase (Esri Geodatabase /ArcSDE Geodb), but I got an error: invalid cursor state

• 21 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

I am trying to write some data to my SDE geodatabase(file), and I tried two transformers to achieve my goals:

1. Feature writer

I got an error: invalid cursor state from the database. When I filtered one row and run the writer, the data were successfully injected, but some of the injected data are different from the intended data. For example, a foreign key needs to be injected as 5 but it's injected as null or 2 in a different row.

Please see the setting below.

1. Python Caller

I used Geometry extractor to write the shape attribute, Shape@XY with the value (longitude, latitude), and then used arpy.cursor.insurtRow to insert the data under the input function using feature.getAttribute method. I got an error: the INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint.

Thank you,

Tae

2 replies

Badge +2

@ccctae​ It looks like your trying to write to feature classes that participate in a relationship. Have a look at the article Introduction to Working with Geodatabase Relationship Classes and related articles to understand how FME interacts with Geodb Relationship classes

@ccctae​ It looks like your trying to write to feature classes that participate in a relationship. Have a look at the article Introduction to Working with Geodatabase Relationship Classes and related articles to understand how FME interacts with Geodb Relationship classes

Thank you very much. It's great to know.