Question

How to extract the content from files with the extension .p7s

• 15 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I have some electronically signed xml files that I need to read with fme. These files have the extension .p7s and I did not find in the fme documentation how I could extract the .xml files (or any other format) from .p7s. Please, if anyone else has faced this situation before, if they have any suggestions.

Thanks a lot

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I Don't think you're going to be able to achieve this, looking at what a p7s is, it appears to be an encrypted file/email. Do you have a key for it?

Alternately, it seems Outlook can open them

Thank you very much for the answer.

These are electronically signed files that can be extracted using the public key without having a password or other protection.

The purpose of the files is to be electronically signed (assumed) by the users.

The files end up in a folder and I would like to process them using FME, but I get stuck in extracting the files from the electronically signed file .p7s

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Thank you very much for the answer.

These are electronically signed files that can be extracted using the public key without having a password or other protection.

The purpose of the files is to be electronically signed (assumed) by the users.

The files end up in a folder and I would like to process them using FME, but I get stuck in extracting the files from the electronically signed file .p7s

If you weren't using FME, how would you open/decrypt these files?

Indeed, now I use a dedicated application such as easysign, but i hope that there are other tools that allow the opening of such documents.

Thank you