Solved

OnedriveConnector works in Workbench, but not as a Batch

• 13 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Recently I had to move FME to a new Computer where I cannot use the same Windows-User for FME Authoring and Batchs.

This way, I had to change my Database-Connections to Public, so that the Batch-user can successfully execute my FME-Batchs.

I did the same for my Onedrive Web-Connection (change to Public).

Now the Onedrive-Connection works in Workbench directly, but not as a Batch (with my Batch-User "fmebatch")

Log:

2022-12-13 10:13:29|   0.4|  0.2|ERROR |OneDriveConnector: Invalid connection, make sure your install path for FME is in your system environment variables
2022-12-13 10:13:29|   0.4|  0.0|ERROR |Error encountered while calling method `input'
2022-12-13 10:13:29|   0.4|  0.0|FATAL |OneDriveConnector_CALLER (PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to process feature
2022-12-13 10:13:29|   0.4|  0.0|WARN  |An error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
2022-12-13 10:13:29|   0.4|  0.0|INFORM|Translation FAILED with 3 error(s) and 2 warning(s) (0 feature(s) output)
2022-12-13 10:13:29|   0.4|  0.0|INFORM|FME Session Duration: 2.2 seconds. (CPU: 0.3s user, 0.1s system)
2022-12-13 10:13:29|   0.4|  0.0|INFORM|END - ProcessID: 7536, peak process memory usage: 130812 kB, current process memory usage: 125708 kB

I don't know what's the problem, as it runs fine directly in FME Workbench.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by nampreetatsafe 20 December 2022, 02:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

What is the call you are making in your batch script?

Do you have multiple versions of FME installed?

Badge +7

Thanks for your reply.

I just call the workspace (fmw) like this "fme "C:\\Daten_FME\\Gemeinden\\Spreitenbach\\KTV_Onedrive.fmw"

edit: Should I try recreating the batch using TCL?

There is only one install of FME.

I also tried re-creating the Onedrive connections as a public connection, no success.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @reservoirdog​. Another thing to try is logging into the system as the user that runs the batch processes, open FME Workbench > FME Tools > Web Connections to see if your One Drive web connection exists. If not, go to FME Workbench > FME Tools > Web Connections with your FME Authoring user account, right click on your One Drive Web Connection, and select export. Place this file in a location accessible to all system users. Sign back in using the user that runs that batch files, go to FME Workbench > FME Tools > Web Connections, and import the web connection. These steps are outlined under "Method 2" in this article. Let us know if this method works.

Badge +7

Thx Nampreet,

that did the trick. My Batchs are working now, but I see it more as a work-around.

The option to make connections (database or web) "public" available to other users should work...

nevertheless, I am glad that this work-around works, so thx alot for that!

best regards from switzerland and merry christmas!