Question

To read and modify property set data in IFC

• 7 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey community!

How can I read and then modify property set data in an IFC?

Which transformer should I use? How can I read the IFC in the most correct way for my goal?

I cannot read thE "IfcPropertySingleValue".....

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @giuseppecfgeo​ thanks for your question! Many IFC property sets are read in as lists within FME. These can be viewed in the Feature Information Window of a selected feature. To modify them, you would have to expose them as an attribute (AttributeExposer) and then modify them with other attribute transformers (e.g. AttributeManager). You can also set and create these with the IFCPropertySetDefinitionCreator and the GeometryPropertySetter transformers depending on your needs.

If you have specific questions on how to do this or issues setting this up, then I would suggest posting a sample of your data and your workspace so we can understand what your expected output should be and where you might be getting stuck. Hope this helps!

Badge

Hi Evie!

Thank you very much for your help.

I send you my workspace in a "as a template" version!

So, in my workflow I try to modify every value of the property set "DIM_OBJ_AKS_RAUM" (Données d'identification) in range of "90 and 130" to have the value "PINI" in the property set "DIM_OBJ_Buchwert".

To make this proces I read my IFC with a "IFC with Data Views" reader, is it ok?

Then I add a "counter" to maintain the order of records. The "AttribureExposer" to show "Données d'identification.DIM_OBJ_AKS-RAUM" and "Données d'identification.DIM_OBJ_Buchwert".

Then with others trnasfomer I modify this data and Merge everything how I want.

In the final step I put everything in order with "Sorter" to have the same sequence and order like the beginning and I remove all attribute that I have not when I start the workflow to have the same structure of the reader (beginning).

In the end I want to write my new IFC but when I open it I have note the same visualization of IFC (check out pictures please).

What am I doing wrong?

I try to write it with these parameters:

1 - in a "IFC2x3" format version

2 - with "Auto-create Building and BuildingStorey nodes if none are provided:" is "yes"

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm personally not sure what could be going wrong? I would double check with this article as a starting place: Updating IFC

From what you explained it seems like those steps should work, let us know if you were able to come to a resolution. If you are still having this problem, feel free to submit a support case 😊