Question

FME Conversion from MBTiles (Raster) to ESRI FIle GeoDatabase Raster.

• 6 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi Community,

I'm trying to convert MBTiles Raster format SQLite into ESRI File Geodatabase Raster.

I have run the FME workbench from the above formats (default values) and it has created an output correctly, However the MBTiles contains much greater coverage that the resulting ESRI File.

Am I missing some sort of parameter to ensure that all coverage is created rather than just a section of it?

Regards

NZ

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @nz​, this is curious? I'm not too familiar with these formats, but I have 2 suspicions:

My first suspicion, is that you are reading many small raster tiles and expecting them to be written as one big raster? If this is the case, consider using a RasterMosiacker before writing to the raster geodatabase.

Otherwise, it would be helpful to check if you accidentally set the 'SpatialFilter' or 'Zoom Level' parameters on the MBTiles reader (eg. perhaps you're not reading the entire dataset):

If neither of these tips resolve the issue, please consider sharing a workspace so we can take a closer look at your Reader/Writer parameters. Best, Kailin.

Badge

Hello @nz​, this is curious? I'm not too familiar with these formats, but I have 2 suspicions:

My first suspicion, is that you are reading many small raster tiles and expecting them to be written as one big raster? If this is the case, consider using a RasterMosiacker before writing to the raster geodatabase.

Otherwise, it would be helpful to check if you accidentally set the 'SpatialFilter' or 'Zoom Level' parameters on the MBTiles reader (eg. perhaps you're not reading the entire dataset):

If neither of these tips resolve the issue, please consider sharing a workspace so we can take a closer look at your Reader/Writer parameters. Best, Kailin.

Hi @kailinatsafe​ ,

I have added the Raster Mosaicker into the process, however this did not fix the issue>

What I have worked out however is that the resulting coverage from the initial process was limited by tile extent. Once I had worked out the fix from that side, all is well with the translation.

Thank you for your help regardless!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @kailinatsafe​ ,

I have added the Raster Mosaicker into the process, however this did not fix the issue>

What I have worked out however is that the resulting coverage from the initial process was limited by tile extent. Once I had worked out the fix from that side, all is well with the translation.

Thank you for your help regardless!

Thank you for the update @nz​, I'm glad you sorted it out!