Question

How can I only select feature types within a .gdb that contain certain characters within the name ?

• 2 December 2022
  • 7 replies

What I've done so far ... 

1. I've selected a .fgb from a location (the location will stay the same, however, there will be multiple .gdbs that come and go over time) I added a reader, Schema (Any Format), filtered for *.gdb.
  2. I added a FeatureReader, with a WHERE clause to only look for ... @Value(fme_feature_type_name) LIKE '%M_CSCL%' ...

However, the way I've set up the FeatureReader doesn't work in it's current state.

Any hints/improvements/better ways to achieve this would be appreciated, see the attached workspace.

thanks

Jeremy

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Put a Tester between the reader and the featurereader to test @Value(fme_feature_type_name) LIKE '%M_CSCL%' and remove the where clause from the featurereader.

Put a Tester between the reader and the featurereader to test @Value(fme_feature_type_name) LIKE '%M_CSCL%' and remove the where clause from the featurereader.

Thanks, however, frustratingly despite doing the above, all the feature_type_names pass the Tester.

Is there something askew with the Schema (Any Format) Reader ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Thanks, however, frustratingly despite doing the above, all the feature_type_names pass the Tester.

Without data and workspace it is hard to say, but I guess your did not got the syntax right.

2022-12-02_06h14_24This should work fine.

I can't comment on the Schema (Any Format) Reader as I never use it. I only use FeatureReaders and when I want to read schema's I set the Features To Read to Schema Features.

2022-12-02_06h17_57

Here's a test dataset, I'll try the above

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Works for me:

2022-12-02_12h10_41 

thank you @nielsgerrits​ this is great.

Adding on to the above ... I'd like to add an Attribute Manager to the passed features, add/remove some, and write to a FGB. However, only the schema is coming through ..

attr001the attributes of '%M_CSCL%' objects are ..

attr002How can we pass the feature geometry/attributes through this process as well ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I think you forgot the next step, adding another FeatureReader to read the data from the featureclass which you tested.