Question

Is there a way to keep duplicate stacked points but offset only the duplicates' z-value by value of 1?

• 30 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have migrated data into Utility Network but have a large amount of duplicate stacked point features. They all need to remain but the network topology will remain dirty unless I find a way to make these duplicate XY's unique. After testing a few manually, it seems to work if I add a z value of 1 to only the duplicate points and revalidate topology. So if I could add a z-value of 1 to only the duplicates using FME, it would solve my issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

You can find the points with duplicate geometry using a Matcher, give each duplicate within the matched groups a unique id via the Counter with Group Processing set to _match_id, then offset the z via the Offsetter with the Z Offset set to _count

Badge

You can find the points with duplicate geometry using a Matcher, give each duplicate within the matched groups a unique id via the Counter with Group Processing set to _match_id, then offset the z via the Offsetter with the Z Offset set to _count

Thank you! @dustin​  I will use this workflow and follow up to let you know how it works. Greatly appreciated!

Badge

This worked perfectly. @dustin​ - Thanks!