Solved

writing the aggregate shapefile geometry

• 29 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +10

Hi. I would like to ask for advice. I have one airport geometry and I have for example three runways to this airport (for example BENESOV). I need to write this data into a shapefile including geometry = 3 x BENESOV airport geometry with runway number see printscreen. 204 elements are correct for the input of the shapefilewriter, but we only write elements that have one runway to one airport. Can someone please advise how to solve this? I am also attaching WS in the attachment. thank you very much

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 5 December 2022, 10:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Not sure if I understand what you need, but when I run the workspace the log reports:

Dropping heterogeneous aggregate feature for the SHAPEFILE Writer, due to feature type allowed geometries restriction

A heterogeneous aggregate is a collection of multiple geometrytypes, like a collection of a point and a null geometry.

Shape only supports homogeneous aggregates, a collection of points, or lines, or polygons.

Badge +10

Not sure if I understand what you need, but when I run the workspace the log reports:

Dropping heterogeneous aggregate feature for the SHAPEFILE Writer, due to feature type allowed geometries restriction

A heterogeneous aggregate is a collection of multiple geometrytypes, like a collection of a point and a null geometry.

Shape only supports homogeneous aggregates, a collection of points, or lines, or polygons.

That will probably be the error. And how should I edit it, please, if I need to write data into the shapefile? Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

That will probably be the error. And how should I edit it, please, if I need to write data into the shapefile? Thank you

You can "explode" a collection using a deaggregator transformer. Then use a GeometryFilter to split the geometrytypes.

Edit: This can be done in one transformer nowadays, as the GeometryFilter has an "homogenize collections" parameter.

Badge +10

That will probably be the error. And how should I edit it, please, if I need to write data into the shapefile? Thank you

can I ask you to try setting it to workspace? I can't finish the result.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Sure

2022-12-05_10h30_33

Badge +10

Thank you very much for your time, your solution works, I had the deaggregator set wrong.

It's great that this community works.

Thanks a lot

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Happy I could help. Aye, the community is a big part of the fun. Please pay it forward by helping someone in need :)