Question

Difference date format output in Feature writer between upload from client and post by API

• 23 November 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a problem when uploading a workspace to FME server using the API. There is a difference in the date output in feature writer in CSV format. I have a datetime formatter which change the date to %d-%m-%Y %T.

When run the job on FME server after publishing from FME desktop the output CSV has the espected value "29-05-2016 11:36:03.553" (%d-%m-%Y %T).

When run the job after POST by the API the output in the CSV is "20160529113603.553" (date format FME).

In the featurewriter the output is manual and the date field is set to string.

I don't understand this behaviour.

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi @dj_huisman​ ,

You are right the workspace should execute the same way no matter how it's called. So it seems like the input must be different or if the data is returned in a service like data streaming, where its interpreted differently. If you can compare the log files from both these runs, they might give you clues as to why it's behaving differently. Possibly we can isolate a parameter value being encoded differently in the API call. If your stuck feel free to create a case with those log files and we can help take a look.