Question

Writer Geodatabase ,change color of data before writing into it

• 20 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I am using geodatabase writer and I am using test filter before the writer and my data are lines and points .

I would like to change the color of lines and points before writing it as geodata base .

my target :when open the geodatabase file later.it shows different colors for different lines depends on specific attribute .

so will be possible to change color of lines ?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

This would be a function of the software used to display the data, rather than FME. If you are using ESRI, you would save the desired symbology as a map in a project (ArcPro), or an mxd (ArcMap).

Badge +3

This would be a function of the software used to display the data, rather than FME. If you are using ESRI, you would save the desired symbology as a map in a project (ArcPro), or an mxd (ArcMap).

could I save the desired symbology from FME in different colors ? Then open it later in ArcGis pro .

i am using FME Desktop professional

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

could I save the desired symbology from FME in different colors ? Then open it later in ArcGis pro .

You can use the File Geodb Open API writer. As I mentioned, the easiest way to save the symbology will be with a template, either MXD or map/project. The template is saved with the connection to the geodatabase and the desired symbology.

Badge +3

Thanks for reply .

i am new here ,

my example : I have 4 different lines as data output , each line has new color depend on specific name in Attribut.

i understood that I have to save target symbology by Esri to use it as template in FME ?

But how could save the desired symbology as template from ArcGis pro ?

Do u have an example for me ? Or a link that I can show the idea ?

sorry for asking but I am new and I do not know how to do it correctly .

Thanks a lot for help