Question

Unable to view dashboards

• 12 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +9

I am using FME Server 2022.2 and am logged in as Admin but am unable to view the dashboards. I get a message "Please ask your Server Administrator to grant 'Access' and 'List' permissions to the Resource named Dashboards. You will not be able to view any Dashboard reports without this permission."

However, when i check the user's permissions for the Admin account everything seems correct.

Access is granted in the Dashboards section, and also granted in the Resources section / Dashboards to access and list.

Any ideas whats going on, is this a bug, or more likely operator error....

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @ingalla​ ,

This sounds odd and a little buggy. What build of FME Server 2022.2 are you using and what OS?

Logged in as the Admin user, do you have fmesuperuser permissions enabled? Can you test with those permissions?

Thanks,

Kezia

Badge +16

Hi @ingalla​ ,

This sounds odd and a little buggy. What build of FME Server 2022.2 are you using and what OS?

Logged in as the Admin user, do you have fmesuperuser permissions enabled? Can you test with those permissions?

Thanks,

Kezia

Hi @keziaatsafe​ ,

I am getting the same behavior on my FME Cloud instance after deleting a HTML file from the dashboards resource location.

All the user settings are the same and since I am using the superuser account (admin) which is the owner of the resource I suspect this is a bug in the 2022.2 version.

Using:

FME Server 2022.2

Build 22765 - linux-x64

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @keziaatsafe​ ,

I am getting the same behavior on my FME Cloud instance after deleting a HTML file from the dashboards resource location.

All the user settings are the same and since I am using the superuser account (admin) which is the owner of the resource I suspect this is a bug in the 2022.2 version.

Using:

FME Server 2022.2

Build 22765 - linux-x64

Hi @itay​ ,

Which HTML file did you delete? After deleting the HTML file, did you rerun the DashboardStatisticsGathering schedule? Are there any warning or error messages that show up in the job logs that write the HTML files?

Thanks!

Kezia

Badge +16

Hi @keziaatsafe​ ,

Using:

FME Server 2022.2

Build 22765 - linux-x64

Hi @keziaatsafe​ ,

I deleted one of my own HTML files, but honestly deleting any HTML files should not change the security settings for the user....

Also I am not using the default schedule, again using my own workspace to generate HTML files.

This worked just fine until I have deleted one of my own HTML files.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @keziaatsafe​ ,

Using:

FME Server 2022.2

Build 22765 - linux-x64

Hi @itay​ ,

I was unable to reproduce the issue by deleting one of our default HTML files. It is unusual that you're running into this issue.

It would be best to submit this as a support case for our team to look further into this. Please submit a case here along with your job logs, and FME Server logs .

Thank you!

Kezia

Badge +16

Hi @keziaatsafe​ ,

Using:

FME Server 2022.2

Build 22765 - linux-x64

Hi @keziaatsafe​ ,

Curiously after another user's job and subsequent automation that refreshes the dashboards, my user account can access and view the dashboards.

This is very peculiar and unexpected.

I will keep an eye on this and contact support if needed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

@keziaatsafe​ @itay​ 

Did either of you find out whats causing this? i'm having the same behavior (albeit not on cloud) where superuser/admin accounts cannot load dashboards

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

@keziaatsafe​ @itay​ 

Did either of you find out whats causing this? i'm having the same behavior (albeit not on cloud) where superuser/admin accounts cannot load dashboards

Ah, I have found the issue and will raise a bug regarding it...

For some reason, the account was trying to load a dashboard that didn't exist (unsure how it got there as the server is relatively fresh). You can replicate this pretty easy...

1. Go to your dashboards and load a dashboard (AverageRunningTime)
  2. In explorer, go to the resource folder where the dashboards are and rename AverageRunningTime.html to something elseimage
  3. In your browser, open dev tools and refresh the page, you'll get the error messageimage
  4. Looking at dev tools you can see a couple of failed requests. Note that they're looking for AverageRunningTime.html - we renamed that and it doesn't exist anymoreimage
  5. However, the first call goes and gets the valid dashboardsimage.png

In the case of a dashboard not existing, I feel that a dashboard from a list of knowns should be loaded rather than giving an error message that implies you have no access to dashboards at all