Solved

How to merge a list ointo separate attributes under one feature?

• 29 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi new at this...

I am trying to separate some data from a CSV separated by a comma and then merge it back into one feature, I can't work out how to merge the 4 results I get from each entry.

icon

Best answer by f.kemminje 29 October 2022, 14:43

View original

4 replies

Badge +3

Hello, could you kindly elaborate on your query? I fail to grasp the issue.

Hello, could you kindly elaborate on your query? I fail to grasp the issue.

​when I split up a an attribute that was originally in one attribute sepperated by "_", by using list exploder and attribute splitter, I get back 4 features for each attribute.

Original data had two features with three attributes:

1. A_B_C_D BLUE

2. A_B_C_D​ RED

My failed results became eight features with three attributes:

1 A BLUE

1 B BLUE

1 C. BLUE

1 D. BLUE

2 A RED

2 B. RED

3 C RED

4 D RED

What I wanted to do was return each letter in a separate attribute keeping it as one feature with all the original attributes so 2 features with 6 attributes.

1. A. B. C. D. BLUE

2. A. B. C. D. RED​

​I hope this make more sense I'm not very good at this whole thing got stuck here for most of the day!!

Badge +3

​when I split up a an attribute that was originally in one attribute sepperated by "_", by using list exploder and attribute splitter, I get back 4 features for each attribute.

1. A_B_C_D BLUE

2. A_B_C_D​ RED

1 A BLUE

1 B BLUE

1 C. BLUE

1 D. BLUE

2 A RED

2 B. RED

3 C RED

4 D RED

What I wanted to do was return each letter in a separate attribute keeping it as one feature with all the original attributes so 2 features with 6 attributes.

1. A. B. C. D. BLUE

2. A. B. C. D. RED​

​I hope this make more sense I'm not very good at this whole thing got stuck here for most of the day!!

Here is the w bench file

1. A_B_C_D BLUE

2. A_B_C_D​ RED

1 A BLUE

1 B BLUE

1 C. BLUE

1 D. BLUE

2 A RED

2 B. RED

3 C RED

4 D RED

1. A. B. C. D. BLUE

2. A. B. C. D. RED​

Thank You so much that worked.