Question

What's Up Wednesday (19-October-2022): Automation Sneak Peek, Survey Last Chance, Automated Testing Tools on the Hub, Random FME News.

• 19 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hello FME Friends,

Automation Apps Sneak Peek

FME 2022.2 is coming, and with it is an important piece of new functionality in FME Server: Server Automation Apps.

So me and my colleague Kezia Yu are hosting a Sneak Peek presentation next week, to unveil this new tool and to show you all how it works and why it can enhance your FME workflows.

SneakPeek 

LinkedIn doesn't let me set up the streaming link until an hour before, so just reply yes to the above invite to keep informed.

Q) How are Automation Apps different from Server Apps?

A) Normal Apps are set up to run a workspace. Automation Apps are set up to trigger an automation. It lets us carry out a longer process than just one workspace.

Community Survey Last Chance

You have a final chance now to give me feedback in my mini-community survey. So far, I hear that...

• You like product news and tips/tricks in What's Up Wednesday, but not certification shout-outs.
  • You don't want too many contests, but you liked FME's Favourite Transformer.
  • You want more sneak peeks and product videos, and more custom FME resources.
  • You'd like to see some certification resources and product feedback questionnaires.

Agree? Disagree? Click the link to let me know.

Automated Testing Tools

A shout-out to Kevin Weller of Modern geoSystems - you may have met him at the recent UC - for posting tools to the FME Hub, and especially for keeping them updated! On his FME Hub profile you can see which ones just got updates:

hub 

The DatasetValidator is a comparison tool to check a dataset against what is expected. That could be a dataset by itself or as the result of a translation.

The AttributeValidationHTMLReportGenerator is the part of the suite that generates an HTML report from the actual validation tools.

Kudos to Kevin for these transformers, and for organizing them all nicely on GitHub too. So go follow Kevin on LinkedIn and then let him know if you want to learn more.

Random News

That new article is a landing page that organizes all of the content related to developing custom tools. For each question - “I need FME to process data in a format that is currently not supported” - it lists the possible solutions, with the PlugIn SDK usually being the last option!

SDK

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @mark2atsafe​ thanks for share us this news!