Question

FME encoding issue create feature write to fail?

• 17 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have created a workbench on my desktop that will be running each night on a server. Both my machine and the server is using Windows-1252.

The workbench run fine on my desktop but on the server i get the error 

POSTGIS writer: Internal Error: Failed to copy attribute 'NØYAKTIGHET' to 'nã˜yaktighet'

I dont have any encoding issues on my desktop which make me wonder if the translation fail due to this. I cannot see any other reasons why this would fail?

The server is running 2022.1.2.0 (20220831 - Build 22627 - WIN64)

The desktop is 2021.1.0.0 (20210630 - Build 21607 - WIN32)

Both are using the same locale as far as i can see. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? My first try will be to install 2022 version on my desktop, but I doubt that would make any difference.

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Are you certain it's not a problem with upper vs lower case column names? It might be that the more recent server version has a different handling rule for this.

Badge

You are right, it could be. I am replicating data from a production DB (MSSQL) which due to standard is all uppercase and out of my control. To a postgres database. I dont really care about CASE because a lot of table names include special local characters which force me to to put my names in quotes anyway. But i will look for differens in handling rules with CASE