Question

How to Keep Property Set as Geometry Traits from IFC to IFC

• 17 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Now I'm suffering from keeping the attributes with the same schema. My workspace is quite simple, just reading IFC and writing IFC. I only need to remove some fearture types. So I think it's not necessary to do some touchups. And I'm trying to change some reader/writer parameters to solve the problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

From the IFC reader, we can see some IFC attributes which are regarded as geometry traits (IFMENull).

IFC Property_BeforeAfter running the workspace, I found the all the IFMEAggregate with named "IFCPropertySet" were disappeared. Originally, there are 15 IFMEAggregates, including "Part 0:IMEAggregate (18 Parts)", Part 1 which is IfcMaterial, and Part 2 to Part 14 which are IfcPropertySet. After running the workspace, only 18 Parts are kept from original "Part 0:IFMEAggregate (18 Parts)" and its level is going up to the top.

IFC Property Set_AfterI'm not sure whether it's related to the setting of Representation Contexts. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks.

IFC Writer_Representation ContextsBesides, I'm also thinking about whether it's a must to use "GeometryPropertySetter" to add attributes, which means the IFC custom attributes cannot be reserved from IFC reader directly. Let me try again.

P.S. This question is also referred to IFC to IFC conversion while modyfing and/or adding properties (safe.com) .

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @qubbiewu​,

When adding the IFC reader to the workspace, please open the Properties and set:

Create Property/Quantity Set Definition Features: Yes

Read Property/Quantity Sets as: Geometry

This will create two extra input feature types: PropertySetDefinition and QuantitySetDefinition. These feature types should also be added to the output IFC writer, and the feature types should be linked.

We have the most common Property Sets defined in the IFC writer, but this process will ensure that all the Property Sets defined in the source file are carried over to the destination.

Hi @qubbiewu​,

When adding the IFC reader to the workspace, please open the Properties and set:

Create Property/Quantity Set Definition Features: Yes

Read Property/Quantity Sets as: Geometry

This will create two extra input feature types: PropertySetDefinition and QuantitySetDefinition. These feature types should also be added to the output IFC writer, and the feature types should be linked.

We have the most common Property Sets defined in the IFC writer, but this process will ensure that all the Property Sets defined in the source file are carried over to the destination.

Hi @daveatsafe​ ,

Thank you for your advice. I've read some document of the IFC Reader parameters and I've followed the setting already. But I still can't get what I want.

Property-Quantity Set ParametersI'm not sure what goes wrong. Here attach the workbench for your reference. Thanks a lot.