Solved

I am trying to terminate a process after using a Change Detector if the number of features that are unchanged is below a threshold. What is the order of operation for fme_db_operations when sending the results to a writer?

• 10 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

What is the order of operation for fme_db_operations when sending the results to a writer?  If I have a feature counter attached to the Unchanged Port of the Change detector and test the number of records, can I analyze and terminate the workbench before the Deleted, Inserted, and Updated records get processed in the Writer?

icon

Best answer by geomancer 11 October 2022, 12:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

One way is to calculate the number of unchanged features, add that number to all other features, and then determine if you want to process those features.

Number_of_Changes

Badge +20

How about this:

Attach an AttributeCreator to each port of ChangeDetector and create the same attribute with corresponding values for each situation. This is needed to do some statistics and split features after. (ChangeDetercor might create one by default, I don't have a dataset to do change detection on right now)

Send everything to a StatisticsCalculator with GroupBy enabled on the created attribute to get Total Count.

Send Summary output port to a Tester and test for the Unchanged features to be less than you desire and the Passed port of Tester to a Terminator.

Send the Complete output port of StatisticsCalculator to a TestFilter to split features accordingly.

Limit change