Solved

Specific geodatabase SDE table reader in custom transformer

• 14 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

I want to make a custom transformer with a geodatabase SDE table reader from a specific table, and some other transformers. But when i try to create it, the SDE reader is converted into an input of the custom transformer. Isn't it possible to have a fixed reader in a custom transformer?

icon

Best answer by david_r 14 October 2022, 09:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Did you try using the FeatureReader transformer?

Badge +6

Did you try using the FeatureReader transformer?

Thank you! This seems like a great way to go around the problem. However when I try it I get this error:

Cannot have multiple factories with the same name. Multiple factories were assigned the name 'ByggnverkAvlopp_ValueExtractor_CustomPointOnRasterValueExtractor_2_Raster1665734206 Input Splitter'

Userlevel 4

Thank you! This seems like a great way to go around the problem. However when I try it I get this error:

Cannot have multiple factories with the same name. Multiple factories were assigned the name 'ByggnverkAvlopp_ValueExtractor_CustomPointOnRasterValueExtractor_2_Raster1665734206 Input Splitter'

I've never encountered this error before. You may want to consider escalating it to your FME reseller or Safe Software directly.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @asablomberg​, unfortunately, I do not think its possible to add format readers to custom transformers and that converting them to inputs is the intended behaviour.

@david_r​ was correct! The FeatureReader can be used to bring data into custom transformers. I ran a quick test (using a FeatureReader in a custom transformer) and the result was a successful translation.

As the error suggests, "Multiple factories were assigned the name" , I believe factory names are derived from transformer titles and some other workspace details. Would you please try renaming one or two transformers within your custom transformer and re-run the translation? This may not resolve anything, but curious.

Otherwise, to understand what’s going on, I think we’d need to get a copy of the custom transformer that is causing you issues (and any additional information you can provide). You can use this form to submit a support case with Safe's Support Team.

Badge +6

Thank you @kailinatsafe​ ! I cleaned up the workspace from some old unused transformers and everything started working, the error disappeared.