Question

I have state name and county name as input parameters. I need to use state name as first input and then filter county name list to provide based input selection for county name. I checked Parameter Manager and cannot find a way to do this

• 13 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +4
I have state name and county name as input parameters. I need to use state name as first input and then filter county name list to provide based input selection for county name. I checked Parameter Manager and cannot find a way to do this

5 replies

Badge +4

County name is the second input parameter. It needs to be filtered on the state name as first input and only show the filtered county names as the list for user to select as county name input. This is the part that I have tried but cannot find a way to do it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Badge +15

Unfortunately there is no way of setting up conditional parameters... yet. A friend of mine told me it might come in 2023 ;-)

Badge +10

Hi @jhu_20​ ,

It sounds like you are wanting to create dependent parameters.

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible in the Parameter Manager.

This is something that our development team is aware of and is looking to add support for this type of dependent parameter. This enhancement is being tracked internally as FMEDESKTOP-12763. I've linked this post to the enhancement so we'll update this post when it's been implemented.

-Andrea

Badge +4

@andreaatsafe​ Thanks for your response.

Badge +4

@andreaatsafe​  Any suggested workaround on this ? My County list is about 300 records and needs to show up based on State name selected in previous step. I can bring in my county name as a list or something to work with. Thanks.