Solved

[bug?] UV coordinates not set if no texture provided to AppearanceSetter

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Texture UV coordinates are not set in geometry if no texture is provided to AppearanceSetter.

My use case is that texture is provided later in the pipeline (at render time).

Is that a bug?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by evieatsafe 17 October 2022, 18:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

@0x974​ From what I understand, you are using the AppearanceSetter to not actually set an Appearance? I have confirmed this is expected behavior to have the UV coordinates set only when there is a texture connected to the Appearance input port.

Is there a reason why you would need the UV coordinates while not having a texture set?

Hello, actually this is the same with TextureCoordinateSetter.

Yes, I need to set the UV coordinates because I would like to set a texture at render time (with Unreal Engine).

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hello, actually this is the same with TextureCoordinateSetter.

Yes, I need to set the UV coordinates because I would like to set a texture at render time (with Unreal Engine).

Hi @0x974​ I understand now that you wish to set the texture outside of FME. I believe I have found a workaround to this issue.

It seems that if you set an texture with the AppearanceSetter (get the UV coordinates) and then immediately after use the AppearanceRemover the UV coordinates remain while the texture does not.

I would create an idea on the Ideas Page for this so that other users in this situation have an easier time about this in future versions.

Cheers, Evie

Hi @0x974​ I understand now that you wish to set the texture outside of FME. I believe I have found a workaround to this issue.

It seems that if you set an texture with the AppearanceSetter (get the UV coordinates) and then immediately after use the AppearanceRemover the UV coordinates remain while the texture does not.

I would create an idea on the Ideas Page for this so that other users in this situation have an easier time about this in future versions.

Cheers, Evie

Great, thank you very much Evie for your help on that!